SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    RI trying to ban magazines over 10 rounds

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RI trying to ban magazines over 10 rounds Login/Join 
posted
So 5 State Reps have decided that you shouldn't have more than a 10 round magazine. House bill 5155 would and I quote "would criminalize the manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale or transfer of any ammunition feeding device capable of accepting more than ten (10) rounds." So if this bill goes into effect we all become criminals. You have 120 days to get rid of them or face up to 10 years in jail. Time to start calling. It popped up on my daughters facebook, and she scrambled to the phone to let me know. Here's the link to the bill. http://webserver.rilin.state.r...ouseText17/H5155.pdf

Posts: 1131 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they are following the "lead" of California New York mass and New Jersey no big surprise there.

Posts: 2011 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Damn Bloomberg...

I would support President Trump selecting Barack as the next ambassador to Afghanistan...and Hillary to Syria.

Posts: 7615 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Not this shit again!

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4493 | Location: RI….again…. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
AG in Wa state wants to ban death penalty, raise smoking age to 21, ban evil looking guns max 10 round capacity... but let's make marijuana legal because we can tax the hell out of it... democratically run state... soon to be California north.

Posts: 656 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Connecticut post Sandy Hook....Magazine Ban over 10 rds. Roll Eyes

Posts: 821 | Location: New England | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
All rookie legislators. This comes up now and again, and never gains traction.

We're not taking it lightly, but it stands very little chance of making it. The House is actually pretty pro gun at this point, or at least enough that we should be able to get this struck down.

If you haven't yet, join up at RIFOL.org. Good local discussion there.

And Will....since when are you back in RI??? Working at CGC again or doing something different?

Posts: 9933 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
The company transferred me back up here late last year. I stop by and help Sean out if / when he needs it.

Posts: 4493 | Location: RI….again…. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So is RI an all dem legislature assuring this trash will go thru?

Posts: 13686 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
AG in Wa state wants to ban death penalty, raise smoking age to 21, ban evil looking guns max 10 round capacity... but let's make marijuana legal because we can tax the hell out of it... democratically run state... soon to be California north.

jac,here in oregon,the governor has publicly state she wants to mirror cal and wa. gun laws.And she will do them by executive order

Posts: 1551 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
So is RI an all dem legislature assuring this trash will go thru?

The legislature is 99.9% Dem. They tried the same thing last year and it was parked in committee and didn't go anywhere.

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
the last hold out in southern new england. keep fighting the good fight guys.

The philosophy of protectionism is a philosophy of war. - Ludwig von Mises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhagKyvDck

Posts: 6985 | Location: Live from the high desert and the great American southwest! | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This bill and another one, will be voted on tomorrow, at the state house. If you can go by and show your support.

Posts: 1131 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Rhode Island: Live Free, or Whatever

Posts: 77743 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Yep....I Just had it with living in what felt like "little Massachusetts". I think being sandwiched between MA and CT the politicians lose the ability to think for themselves. Our NH Governor just signed off on the permitless carry law...not that it was that difficult to get a permit anyway.

https://www.nraila.org/article...-carry-bill-into-law

Posts: 4021 | Location: NH | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prepsheriff:
Connecticut post Sandy Hook....Magazine Ban over 10 rds. Roll Eyes

With one big difference though. CT had grandfathering at least. Still a bullshit law which led to the majority of permit holders that I know to carry more rounds now than before. Instead of two 12 round mags for my 229, I now carry two 10 rounders and one 12 rounder with 10 rounds. The 12 rounder is legal in the pistol, but not legal to carry out of the pistol. Idiocy at it's worst.

At the time, I didn't own any 10 round mags. Everything I owned was more 12 rounds or more, as that was standard for what I owned.

Posts: 985 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post