SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Obama's executive order affecting SBRs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama's executive order affecting SBRs Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
From what I've gathered, the NFA trust route to owning a SBR was affected by one of Bummer's exec orders that went into effect in July 2016. Something to the effect that one had to have their fingerprints taken even with a trust in place and have local PD sign off on the ATF application for the SBR. If this is correct, does the order still hold or has Trump nullified it? If not the latter, I hope it's at least in his sights.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
it wasn't an EO
it's called 41f

It basically is an equalizer between an individual filing and a trust - both are now treated the same way:

1) must have fingerprints taken (all trustees)
2) must have photo taken (all trustees)
3) must NOTIFY (not get approval from) local police chief

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It was just an ATF rule change like the one saying an “arm brace” cannot be placed against the shoulder when firing an AR pistol.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Thx for the clarification gentleman. Sure wish the NFA Act was nullified but the best we can probably hope for is a nationwide CCW reciprocity law and the Hearing Protection Act.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Thx for the clarification gentleman. Sure wish the NFA Act was nullified but the best we can probably hope for is a nationwide CCW reciprocity law and the Hearing Protection Act.

When the people speak, senators and congressmen will listen. I have regular correspondence with my Senators and my congressman with ongoing dialogues. If you want something to change start by asking to have the change made. There are millions of gun owners who remain silent and hope for the best when really their voices should be heard.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Obama's executive order affecting SBRs

Let us vow to never speak his name again...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post