SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Kamala Harris to ban "importation" of AR15 rifles by executive action if elected president
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kamala Harris to ban "importation" of AR15 rifles by executive action if elected president Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
https://www.politico.com/story...ault-weapons-1324581

Kamala Harris' unilateral crackdown on guns is expanding.

At a presidential campaign event Wednesday in New Hampshire, Harris will pledge to take executive action banning the importation of AR-15-style assault weapons — a move that comes just three weeks after the California Democrat rolled out her sweeping gun-control proposal....

LMAO. Banning the importation of AR15 rifles. LMFAO. How many AR15 rifles are imported? Less than 1% of 1%?? Yeah, that will surely do something you mouth breather. These gun grabbers are so fucking stupid, I cant even be amazed at their stupidity any longer.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I would have thought that everything that could be done (legally) by EO to screw us over would have been done by zero.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I guess she does not understand or know where most AR-15s are made? Actually in some ways banning or adding a tariff to imports might help the gun manufacturers here.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She also doesn’t understand that importation of “non-sporting” rifles is already banned. That’s part of what 922r is about.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Hahahahahha.... "If."

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
She also doesn’t understand that importation of “non-sporting” rifles is already banned. That’s part of what 922r is about.

No one can accuse the current crop of Democrats of letting facts and even their own prior positions slow them down on their train to Marxism.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
She can start by banning her own state, CA, where the AR15 was born.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:

CA, where the AR15 was born.
I thought that the "AR" stood for Armalite. Their website indicates that they are based in Arizona.

What am I missing?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

I thought that the "AR" stood for Armalite. Their website indicates that they are based in Arizona.

What am I missing?

https://www.armalite.com/history/

Work on the AR-1 “Parasniper” rifle begins breaking new ground by using a foam-filled fiberglass stock and an anodized aluminum barrel with a thin steel liner. In 1954, Armalite was established as a Division of Fairchild Engine and Airplane Corporation. The AR-1 was one of the first rifles produced at Armalite’s location in Hollywood, CA , and paved the way to the development of the AR-10. All rifles were designated AR, short for Armalite Rifle.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

https://www.armalite.com/history/

Work on the AR-1 “Parasniper” rifle begins breaking new ground by using a foam-filled fiberglass stock and an anodized aluminum barrel with a thin steel liner. In 1954, Armalite was established as a Division of Fairchild Engine and Airplane Corporation. The AR-1 was one of the first rifles produced at Armalite’s location in Hollywood, CA , and paved the way to the development of the AR-10. All rifles were designated AR, short for Armalite Rifle.
Thank you for the information. I learn something new every day. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

What am I missing?

The current Armalite (which may have started as Eagle Arms) had their plant in nearby Geneseo IL but it's now closed. They are now part of Strategic Armory Corps and based in AZ.

https://www.sacfirearms.com/

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
She said it to get the "scared" folk, to support her.

Matters not what shes knows, believes truly plans on doing or not doing, or if it makes any difference, it only matters that she juices up her devotes.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
If elected President; that's a huge IF! Even if she gets the Dem. nomination, again a huge IF, she will find that debating with Trump will be very different that debating with touchy, feely Joe.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Somebody needs to ask what she did with/to Willie Brown to get his help with her political career.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She also said she would go house to house to confiscate the "assault weapons".

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:

Well, if you want an insurrection, that's how you get it.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ms Harris is an asshole!

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:

Well, if you want an insurrection, that's how you get it.

The left really does want a civil war. How else will they rationalize murdering millions of Americans?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
She is pandering for votes by taking advantage fo fear, nothing more

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post