SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Beto proposes TAKING AR15's and AK47's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beto proposes TAKING AR15's and AK47's Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
Not an exaggeration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vEnTjs2RV0

Hmmm, wasn't their story always 'Nobody wants to come take your guns...' Roll Eyes

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
He hasn't got the guts.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Or the authority.

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
He hasn't got the guts.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
Hmmm, wasn't their story always 'Nobody wants to come take your guns...' Roll Eyes
I don't think many actually believed that drivel.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
These clowns also said a lot of other zany stuff. This is just a commie trying to out-commie other commies.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
A desperate attempt to regain some traction from the extreme left primary voters before he completely falls off the radar.
A gift to Republicans.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
From the video, if it's really a "weapon designed to kill people on a battlefield" then, I ask, why do so many cops have them in their patrol cars?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Even though at this moment with a Republican Senate and President, all gun owners should never forget that things change from election cycle to cycle, and sometimes more frequently. I still have vivid recollections of the confident assertions that Democrats would never dare touch the third rail of gun control. That was already proved to be a fantasy some years ago, and now they not only dare, but virtually all of their candidates, and even some Republicans, think it’s become a vote-getter.

Dream all the dreams we want, but it’s not going away at the Federal level, and even less likely at the states.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Forget the AR-15s and AK-47s...if the news feed on my phone is correct we have MUCH bigger problems with O'Rourke's confiscation plans. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Even though at this moment with a Republican Senate and President, all gun owners should never forget that things change from election cycle to cycle, and sometimes more frequently. I still have vivid recollections of the confident assertions that Democrats would never dare touch the third rail of gun control. That was already proved to be a fantasy some years ago, and now they not only dare, but virtually all of their candidates, and even some Republicans, think it’s become a vote-getter.

Dream all the dreams we want, but it’s not going away at the Federal level, and even less likely at the states.

I find this to be pretty funny. Despite your declarations of how it isn't going away, each time gun control gets brought up in my state, the gun grabbers get nothing, and gun owners actually get something else added. This is an intentional bitch slap to the gun grabbers from the citizens of this state. Right now, gun control organizations are proudly crowing about how many millions they are pouring into the state in the attempt to buy the election. At the end of the day, they are spending money on topics to ensure that pro-gun candidates stay in office. They have tried this in the last four or five election cycles had a zero point zero success rate. They have poured millions into trying to buy elections on anti-gun "gun safety" bullshit over the last several election cycles.

118 out of 120 Sheriff's constantly say that they will not enforce new gun control laws on the federal level. The US Attorney's here have no appetite in it.

I keep getting told that the sky is falling but each day the sun gets a little brighter around here. Just because some states sat idle while their Rights were taken does not reflect that outcome in other states who have not sat idly by.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Also, just for fun, let's revisit this thread during the general election. I'll wager you'll be hearing NOTHING about guns, let alone taking your guns once the head to head match up begins.

One of two things will happen. The chosen candidate will continue down the path of "take your guns" and wrap up a second term for Trump, or you'll hear nothing about any kind of gun "safety", outside of the usual clowns that look to profit from "ermaghad NRA".

www.opspectraining.com

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I hope you are right about all that, jljones, but the United States consists of more than one state or even a few. I was going to try to explain a few things about why not all states are the same, but I realized it truly is one of those “if I have to explain it, you wouldn’t understand anyway” things, and therefore would be a waste of everyone’s time. I have seen countless smug attitudes fade away in my many years, but I genuinely hope to be wrong about yours.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beto was circling the drain anyway. He feels free to mouth off because he knows he's not long for the campaign trail. Even if he weren't on the way out before, however, his last public rant about taking firearms ended him.

It's well to think that the gun control advocates will never succeed, yet high profile incidents continue to increase, and electorally, the same who want 2nd amendment freedoms are the same ones who voted for trump; if he loses the election, all bets are off. If there are insufficient votes to support him, then there may be insufficient 2A support too.

I'm not a sky is falling guy, but take the threat seriously. Beto is done as a candidate, but he will stay plenty vocal. The gun control community will get louder in response to every public event. Nothing's a given.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I typed a long drawn out post last night explaining a few things. Then I realized that like has been stated it is a waste of people's time, and really does nothing.

Many gun owners are just like the battered spouse. They think because they have been abused, all must be abused. And they proclaim that those who refuse to be abused just don't take domestic violence seriously.

And that truly is the attitude. I can't help that many learned nothing in 1996. I can't help that many have sat idly by and only entered their fight until it was way too late. I do not understand and can not help those who FINANCE the war against them, and can't understand why they are losing. It is a simple premise that business learned long ago, and began leaving the very same states that don't want them. But, gun owners are only half (or less) in on the fight, and continue to give money to the very people that want them enslaved.

And these people are worried that people in free states don't "understand" the fight????? Confused

Many need to get a reality check and STOP financing criminal regimes. And learn that living in a state where it is common to refuse to be victim is not "smug".

Once you stop paying taxes and fees to a state criminal enterprise, please come talk to me about how seriously I take the Second Amendment.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
Beto is seems to be clinical unstable IMO. we won't pass the primaries let alone have a chance to do anything watch worrying about.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post