SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Maryland Gun laws
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maryland Gun laws Login/Join 
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted
As most of you know, Maryland is a "may issue" state which really does not happen at all. MD residents who are issued the standard permit with a "to and from" work restriction may appeal that to the Handgun Permit Review Board.

Because the Board has reversed the restriction in a number of cases, the State is now trying to get rid of the Board.

A number of individuals testified against this bill today, including a former member of the HPRB. This is what happened:

https://youtu.be/FYAMyWCMzME

Now to be semi-fair, individuals only had ONE MINUTE to make their feelings known. This happened last week also when we had the same amount of time to testify against 3 bills.

The woman removing her is a State Trooper...

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
interesting

bet if it was a white trooper yanking on a black woman we'd have seen it on the MSM news

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If the leftest fucks prying with all their might, ever get the lid off the can of whoop-ass, they are going to rue the day...

That is all.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Cry racism, and organize a White Voices Matter march. I'm serious.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:

I was surprised to read about some of the appeals board’s success stories where citizens got restricted permits upgraded to unrestricted. When I was there, up until 2003, I never heard of anyone win an unrestricted permit besides retired LEO’s and judges. I knew a few people who had the employment related permits aka to and from bank.

Are MD’s permits still good for only a year? I thought I recall pre-LEOSA knowing guys who had to submit their prints and paperwork annually to MSP.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
With one of the big 4 armored car companies based in MD, I don't understand why they've not thrown more money at gun rights there.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoreguy:

Normally MD permits are good for three (3) years.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 162 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
With one of the big 4 armored car companies based in MD, I don't understand why they've not thrown more money at gun rights there.

That's an easy one. They're a corporation, so their interest is limited to their business purposes. It's actually quite easy to get a Special Police Officer commission (think armed security @ banks, etc.) which comes with arrest powers and carry rights on company property or even short of that, armored car drivers aren't going to have any difficulty getting approved for carry permits even under current MD law. Their permits will just be restricted to when they're working.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShoreGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:

I was surprised to read about some of the appeals board’s success stories where citizens got restricted permits upgraded to unrestricted. When I was there, up until 2003, I never heard of anyone win an unrestricted permit besides retired LEO’s and judges. I knew a few people who had the employment related permits aka to and from bank.

Are MD’s permits still good for only a year? I thought I recall pre-LEOSA knowing guys who had to submit their prints and paperwork annually to MSP.

As a former MDer, I was shocked to hear not only about the Appeals Board but successful appeals to get unrestricted. I left in 2003 and as a cop there, I had always been told only retired LE got unrestricted. My friends that had business related permits were the classic “to and from”.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post