SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    ATTN PA RESIDENTS (R) BAKER CALLS FOR GUN CONTROL!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATTN PA RESIDENTS (R) BAKER CALLS FOR GUN CONTROL! Login/Join 
posted
http://www.senatorbaker.com/2019/08/...q7LzYhOsW8TsDg

As I said before she is calling for committee to move forward on Guncontrol but PAFOA.ORG has found out she is calling for a special session secret closed doors session a tactic NY Democrats did for the NY Safe act please contact all your reps!

Posts: 124 | Location: PA | Registered: October 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Any reason your title has to be in all caps? And your link says I don't have authorization to view it? Confused

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And your link says I don't have authorization to view it?

I dont have authorization either. Since I do not live in PA I am not going to search for it.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
your link says I don't have authorization to view it
The link just takes me to a blank page.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Me thinks we might be being duped. In looking at the OPs posting history, its all in the classifieds and drive by posting in the gun control section.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Here is a statement from her page.

http://www.senatorbaker.com/20...e-to-mass-shootings/

Statement by Senate Judiciary Chair Lisa Baker on Legislative Response to Mass Shootings
Posted on Aug 06, 2019
HARRISBURG—Senate Judiciary Chair Sen. Lisa Baker (R-20th) issued the following statement regarding a legislative response to mass shootings:

“The rising and devastating toll from mass shootings obligates officials at every level to determine potentially effective remedies. That means not only examining what can be constitutionally accomplished in respect to weapons and ammunition, but the dire need to upgrade mental health services and to confront the climate of hate and bias that encourages supremacists and others to act in violent and destructive ways.

The notion that state leaders have been blind and dumb to community concern and outcry is misplaced. A variety of bills have passed in the last year, more have been introduced, and other substantive pieces are close. We recognize as well that there are sharply conflicting perspectives between the regions of Pennsylvania and within communities themselves on various approaches. Our challenge and responsibility is to forge a consensus on any potential changes to current laws, regulations, and funding.

The Senate Judiciary Committee will be holding a series of public hearings intended as a prelude to action. Advocates and opponents will have the chance to make their respective cases in full spotlight and answer the hard questions about their positions.

While every citizen feels urgency about action, the choices we make must be applicable across the state. A patchwork of local ordinances will prove more troublesome for law-abiding citizens than it will any impediment to individuals determined to act out on their rage.

In looking at new requirements or restrictions, we also must evaluate how recent steps have been implemented and whether they are making a measurable difference. Taking symbolic steps sends a message, but it ultimately does not save lives. Something unworkable or unenforceable or unable to withstand a legal challenge does not provide the real protection our constituents are demanding.”

Jen Wilson
jwilson@pasen.gov
(570) 675-3931

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post