SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Glad I don't live in land of fruits and nuts anymore
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Glad I don't live in land of fruits and nuts anymore Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
NY has AW registration and saw a very, very low number registered. The neat thing here is when the registered owner dies the gun has to be turned into the state. Can't be sold, can't be transferred. It's confiscated upon death.

Posts: 1274 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Team Apathy
Picture of thumperfbc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
NY has AW registration and saw a very, very low number registered. The neat thing here is when the registered owner dies the gun has to be turned into the state. Can't be sold, can't be transferred. It's confiscated upon death.

Again, if it is confirmed that we can legally install standard nag releases I think we'll see significant compliance with registration.

Not for magazines.

As I understand it upon death of the registered owner the weapon must either be turned in or sold out of state.

Posts: 4538 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
nag releases
is that what they're calling divorces now?

Psalm 109:8 "Let his days be few and let another take his office."

Ecclesiastes 10:2 "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."

Posts: 13917 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
I've got a question for the legal eagles reading this...

Could being required to register be seen as a violation of one's 5th Amendment rights?
Good question. IANAL, but I don't think so because it's not a criminal act to possess the firearm prior to the law commencing. After the fact, I guess mere possession is sufficiently incriminating to render the Fifth moot.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding gun control in California:
http://uncensoredmind.com/blog2016/?p=105

Regarding Obama's push for gun control in the aftermath of Dallas:
http://uncensoredmind.com/blog2016/?p=219

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I can't even make fun of Kommiefornia laws anymore and tell them to leave, etc.
It's too sad ~ I feel only pity now. Frown

Posts: 13059 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

Guess the metal recyclers will have to stick with beer cans and brake drums.

Posts: 1196 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding from LEO friends, who would be charged with enforcing these laws, is the fine print hasn't even been written for these laws....scary. There's a whole bunch of detail that can be passed through, that wasn't on the original bill upon the vote. Already, citizens have come up with various non-bullet button alternatives however, that just gives the legislators more things to add-on, that they can prohibit.

Posts: 6684 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an effort, right now, to collect enough signatures (365,000) to get a referendum on the 2018 ballot for each of the "Gunpocalypse" bills the governor signed.

posted Hide Post
If these referendums make it to the ballot, and pass, the next step would be an initiative for a Constitutional Amendment to the State Constitution, that is more definitive than the 2nd Amendment, since judges like to back up legislators in "interpreting" words like arms and infringe.
The referendum petition drive, is showing that California gun owners are getting fed up, getting informed, and getting active. Could it be too little too late, or is there actually a possibility, law abiding citizens can take this state back?