SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Media calls for Standard Mag Ban - Nevada

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Media calls for Standard Mag Ban - Nevada Login/Join 
posted
The liberal media calling for a standard magazine ban.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/20...st-for-nevadans-saf/

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Because registration wasn't enough.

Posts: 10096 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This is my response to those idiots.

Reloads take very little time, the argument holds no water whatsoever.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 7257 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'm good with it.

As long as they apply the same regulations to all media, online, televised and print. Permitting, restrictions to word count, government approval (lasting 6-8 months) for certain pieces of media, background checks prior to publishing, etc.

Completely good with it.

Until that day, they can fuck off.

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

Posts: 29045 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
These are the same idiots that say the War on Drugs can't be won because it is so easy for criminals to smuggle them in, to the tune of nearly 100 billion dollars worth each year.

These same idiots think that we can prevent guns from being smuggled across the border, even though price per pound, guns would be both easier to smuggle in, and more profitable for the cartels if they were illicit cargo.

What this shows you is an strict aversion to any actual facts. These fools think based upon emotion and not based upon rational thought, or factual information.

There is little point debating such folks.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 31284 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
the sun is the lib newspaper here it has such a small readership that it's an insert in the review journal which is owned by Sheldon Adelson, he may be many things but a liberal he is not.

The philosophy of protectionism is a philosophy of war. - Ludwig von Mises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhagKyvDck

Posts: 6587 | Location: Live from the high desert and the great American southwest! | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
The media cant even pick manipulate people to choose the next president. Even when they try really really hard.

What makes them think the can get laws written?

Posts: 8705 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a poll that is being given...

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/poll/magazine-ban/

feel free.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Why should I care what the "media" is calling for? Do they have legislative ability all of a sudden? Roll Eyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say."

Posts: 6074 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OregonXD:
The liberal media calling for a standard magazine ban.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/20...st-for-nevadans-saf/

Sounds good to me. Any standard magazine published by a liberal owner that contains more than 10 pages should be banned! (Was that purple?)

Posts: 162 | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I quit listening to, reading or watching the liberal media 8 years ago. I sleep so much better at night...

When life gets stressful, put down your firearm and play with your Barbie.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg got his 'Universal Background Checks' passed in Nevada last month, mostly due to Clark County (Las,Vegas)... the anti's will be coming after more. Magazine restrictions, registries, waiting periods, etc.. We will need to fight harder & smarter in the future.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 732 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
Picture of KMitch200
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I'm good with it.
As long as they apply the same regulations to all media, online, televised and print. Permitting, restrictions to word count, government approval (lasting 6-8 months) for certain pieces of media, background checks prior to publishing, etc.
Completely good with it.
Until that day, they can fuck off.

I may need to go meditate and smell flowers....I'm sensing a microaggression!

From the linked horseshit opinion piece:
quote:
Plus, the argument that a firepower restriction makes Americans more vulnerable to a governmental takeover may have been logical in the days of single-shot muskets, but what level would make people feel safe enough today? Allowing them to have machine guns? Tanks? Their own squadron of F-35 Joint Strike Fighters? Because the government has all those things, you know.

Yet all that firepower is not enough to bring a people to their knees fighting for their homeland in A-Stan. They most certainly got their asses kicked on a persistent basis and will STILL battle.
Hmmm...I wonder if fighting for a principle is something completely foreign to this azzhole writer.
quote:
So let’s allow rational thinking to prevail when it comes to high-capacity magazines. Restricting sales could help protect people in tragic shootings — potential victims and the responding authorities. And given that there’s no practical use for the magazines, there’s not a downside.

I wonder if anyone EVER who survived a gun fight like a home invasion said, "Gee, I wish I had less ammo."
The only buzz phrase they didn't use was "It's for the children!"

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 1905 | Location: AZ - West side of the valley | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who cares what the lying media says or thinks? This also goes for all the progressive and liberal fools; whatever political party they align with.
Personally, I am sick of this "common sense gun laws" or "What about the children?" or "Who needs that many rounds?" or "If only we can save one life".
If these ignoramuses devoted as much time on what really matters, something would get done.
But again, the focus is on legal, law abiding citizens that are NOT the problem at all.
Thank goodness I'm old and will be dead before long!

Posts: 118 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post