SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Washington State I-1639
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washington State I-1639 Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Just gave $25 to the Second Amendment Foundation, if we all did that, we could stomp a mudhole in the asses of the billionaire hoplophobes pushing this horse squeeze.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Just gave $25 to the Second Amendment Foundation, if we all did that, we could stomp a mudhole in the asses of the billionaire hoplophobes pushing this horse squeeze.

Good job, and you're right...all such things require $, big $.

Now the question is: What are you going to be doing for the next 60 days (ballot is Nov. 6)?

Donations are great, but that alone, probably isn't going to resolve this. This now is a matter of numbers, VOTER numbers. Which ever side has the most wins. Pure and simple. And there's a high concentration of registered voters in Bellevue/Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia that will vote for 1639.

Which means, in addition to $$ donations, the gun owners that are aware, need to EDUCATE/INFORM those that are not. There are WAAAYYYY to many that either know nothing about I-1639 and/or its contents, or they're completely complacent/apathetic.

Are you visiting your LGS? Are they making any effort to inform the gunowners they interact with every single day on 1639? I've been in several lately. One shop had the initiative printed out a couple weeks ago. The rest either have nothing, or are in denial 'that's never gonna to happen.' Hopefully they're right. But that may have to come as an overturn by the courts after its voted on.

Better to keep it off the books than get it off the books. Because if it passes, it'll be 'The will of the people!' and getting rid of it will be a lot harder.

There are two specific WA/PAC NW forums that have a lot of information, including how you can contribute/participate, beyond monetary donations. There's ~12+ info meetings being organized around the state. Stickers, info cards, etc. If you need the links, email is in my profile.

And for those that want to see where this is going, look at new Section 15 of 1639...which is annual, lifetime background checks, possibly retroactively in some form or fashion, depending on how it may be interpreted. And this will include medical information. Let that sink in for a minute.

60 days folks. Six. Zero. Support SAF/NRA as much is you can, and start taking the time to educate your shooting friends, ranges, gun shops, family, etc. on what this I1639 really entails.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
The damage that I-1639 would bring to WA gun owners is NOT understood by way too many of them.

I was a 30 year WA resident, a 9 year director of the Washington Arms Collectors, and currently the art director for The GunNews* for the past 28 years.

The W.A.C., the NRA, and the 2nd Amendment Foundation are all in the fight against this initiative. This same group fought and BEAT I-676 back in the day... but 2 subsequent anti-gun initiatives were passed by the voters since then.

I-1639 is worse than all 3 that were on the ballot before! I am now up from AZ for a visit to Seattle only to read in the Seattle Times that a voter poll has I-1639 with a 60%+ favorable response. As the editor of the GunNews stated in the Sept. Issue; passage of this initiative could be the end of the Washington Arms Collectors gun shows.

Informing friends, family, fellow gun owners, and anyone else is the only hope of stopping this.

*The GunNews is the monthly W.A.C. Member’s magazine, circulation of 17,000 copies/month.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3992 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I'm informing anyone I can think of that can help turn the tide, but frankly this is the straw that broke my back. I will do everything in my power to transfer to Idaho next year.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
The damage that I-1639 would bring to WA gun owners is NOT understood by way too many of them.

Indeed...there's a lot of gun owners behind the curve on this. I recently visited one LGS that does a lot of AR business...they 'kinda' knew about it. When I inquired how long they could stay in business if they were going to be turning away cash-in-hand customers because they didn't have the 'required training,' it started to sink in a bit.

As I said above, there's two WA specific forums that have a lot of info on I1639...problem is, many, many gun owners don't visit forums, and even less the 'Political' areas.

So if you know folks, pass along...

quote:
The W.A.C., the NRA, and the 2nd Amendment Foundation are all in the fight against this initiative. This same group fought and BEAT I-676 back in the day... but 2 subsequent anti-gun initiatives were passed by the voters since then.

I remember 676, and we need this to be a similar win. Yeah, two have gotten through, largely through apathy/complacency tho. And there's been ALOT more legislation that has been shot down.

quote:
I-1639 is worse than all 3 that were on the ballot before! I am now up from AZ for a visit to Seattle only to read in the Seattle Times that a voter poll has I-1639 with a 60%+ favorable response.

Yes, it is vast, and very, VERY concerning. It' also opens the door for King County to continue with their plans of essentially running law abiding gun owners out of town be overturning pre-emption. If that nightmare happens, law abiding gun owners may have little choice other than to relocate.

And that 60%, of course consider what you read...and the source. Those polls are always skewed...usually its something like 'do you favor common sense efforts to make children safer?' The silent majority is out there. The vast majority of WA (geographically), is pretty pro 2A.

quote:
As the editor of the GunNews stated in the Sept. Issue; passage of this initiative could be the end of the Washington Arms Collectors gun shows.

And there's a lot of 2A/gun hatters that would dance with glee. Your good character/innocence is irrelevant to them.

quote:
Informing friends, family, fellow gun owners, and anyone else is the only hope of stopping this.

Yes, a 'grassroots' effort is needed. But commercials for the other two initiatives are already starting to air...we need to be getting the truth on I-1639 on the air...and like ASAP. Even better would be if we could get some 'star power' behind it, but well put together commercial(s) are what's needed to reach the masses. And we need skilled social media people to help out as well, so if you know anyone, they could certainly be a real asset.

Also, FWIW, I've seen not one, but TWO, anti-1639 Letters to the Editor in my local paper in the last week.

Over the weekend, a LGS had a flyer on the door, flyers on the counter, and knowledgeable discussion going on.

There's booth at the Puyallup/WA. State fair helping spread help educate people. When you show them in black & white what the initiative says, it kinda takes 'em back a bit.

The word is starting to get out there.

If by chance it does pass, it *shouldn't* survive very long, with all the issues surrounding it. The danger of course is the 'So it wasn't/isn't legal, THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE HAS SPOKEN!' and to defeat it will cost a mountain of money (Plan B for the 2A haters...bankrupt their opposition).

We're under the 8 week mark. Eek

Contribute any way you can, and help spread/share/inform all the way until Nov. 6!

Also, even tho this is an Initiative, consider writing your legislators and letting your voice be heard.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
50 days and counting, folks!

You can download/print out 1639 NRA flyers, posters, bumper stickers, etc. at the bottom of page here:

https://www.initiative1639.org/take-action/

$10-$20 worth of copies from your local copy shop handed out at your favorite LGS/Ranges/Matches, etc. might be a worthwhile investment.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Greetings,

There are now 'No on I1639' t-shirts available for $5-$7+ shipping (as well as other garments at different costs). Contact me and I can provide a link.

Good Go Fund Me account for some grass roots efforts:

https://www.gofundme.com/shall...-infringed-stop-1639

Upcoming workshops:

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Tacoma Puyallup
202 15th Ave SW, Puyallup, WA 98371
Monday, October 1st, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Eagle's Nest Community Room
1195 Fairgrounds Rd NW, Bremerton, WA 98311
Tuesday, October 2nd, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Delta Hotels by Marriott Seattle Everett
3105 Pine Street Everett, WA 98201
Wednesday, October 3rd, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Kelso-Longview Red Lion
510 S Kelso Dr, Kelso, WA 98626
Thursday, October 4th, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Sequim Prairie Grange
290 Macleay Rd, Sequim, WA 98382
Tuesday, October 9th, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

visit www.voteno1639.org

We're at about the 43 days mark folks. We're getting some momentum...I've seen multiple letters to editors, etc. LGS's are getting on board. But YOU gotta get off your backside and contribute!

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
We're in a legislative battle where the determining factor is votes. The side with the most WINS. It's that simple. If you don't submit your ballot, everything else is wasted bandwidth/hot air.

On-line voter registration ends Oct. 8.

https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/register.aspx

Additional I-1639 Info:

https://www.initiative1639.org/

Spread.The.Word.

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Not insignificant:

LEO organizations opposing I1639:

https://www.nraila.org/article...oses-initiative-1639

Spread.The.Word.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
https://www.king5.com/mobile/a...ge-law/281-599767440

These clowns from martin luther king jr county won't stop.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
https://www.king5.com/mobile/a...ge-law/281-599767440

These clowns from martin luther king jr county won't stop.

To bad WA doesn't have a pre-emption law that prohibits local jurisdictions from enacting additional laws...oh wait...

In all seriousness, this is blatantly in violation of WA. state preemption. But Seattle has been trying this kind of stuff for years. They're obviously banking on 1639 passing. It needs to rightfully be struck down in the courts, with all court costs/legal fees reimbursed to the 2A side, preferably straight from the pockets of the council members that voted for it.

The next big step is overturn state preemption, and then things are really going to be a nightmare in the Everygreen State.

1639 needs to be defeated at the ballot box. If you know someone in WA, make sure they vote no.

Spread.The.Word.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Spotted outside the Bonney Lake Walmart.

Got me a mess of the handouts that I printed off, leaving them where they can be found. Reckon I'll bring a bunch with me to the gunshow and leave them with some of the dealers down there.

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
The WSP Trooper Association now makes four Law Enforcement groups in opposition to I-1639. The silence from MSM on this is deafening...

https://conservativefiringline...-gun-control-i-1639/

27 Days folks. Spread.The.Word. Got.To.Vote.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Turns out my bag o' propaganda was not required, the anti-1639 crowd was running overtime down there. I shouldn't expect anything less.

The scone sizes have continued to shrink, disappointing me.

quote:

I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
NRA Radio Ad:

https://www.facebook.com/Initi...2611/?type=2&theater

Even if you aren't on Social Media/FB, you probably know folks that are. Please pass it along/share.

22 Days. Spread.The.Word. Get.Out.The.Vote.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
^^In my ~100+ miles of travels today, I saw probably 8-10 'No!' signs. I don't recall a single seeing a single 'Yes' sign. If it weren't for the lame-stream media, this wouldn't even be a contest.

14 Days and counting. Ballots are out. Vote! Vote! Vote! The stakes are high!!

https://www.seattletimes.com/o...nalize-self-defense/

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I know it's not the end all, but I haven't seen any Yes signs. Seen plenty of No, even some real big ones along the freeway driving through Everett, and Bellingham over the weekend. My girlfriend claims to have seen some Yes, but I think she might have them confused with another item.

Again, this doesn't mean it's a sure thing, but it is encouraging. Don't get complacent though, still gotta vote, and you got no excuse not to, it comes to your house. If you don't vote, and 1639 passes, you don't get to bitch about "da librulz takin' are gunz!" because you did this to yourself. Also, I'll fart on your pillow. That's how you get pinkeye.

NO on 1639, NO on pinkeye.

quote:

I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
So it would appear, according to Mason Co. Sheriff Salisbury, 38 WA. sheriffs oppose 1639. There's 39 counties in Washington state, so that would equate to about 97% opposition by sheriffs. And not a peep out of MSM. If you know folks in WA., make sure they're making informed voting decisions.

http://www.ifiberonenewsradio....d0-6370f924aeac.html

Share the knowledge.

7 Days and counting.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Allegedly the Washington state NRA Facebook page has been taken down. Kind of curious, the timing there.

quote:

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am sure FB will apologize profusely and say it was just a mistake, nothing nefarious about it...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post