SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    WA... 1639 was just a warm up...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WA... 1639 was just a warm up... Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
And now with them in control in Olympia, it ain't looking good...Alaska is starting to look a whole more appealing.

https://www.nraila.org/article...nnounces-2019-agenda

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Grabbers gonna grab. The waterheads don't seem to grasp this with tier "compromise" nonsense. "Oh, just give up this one thing! Let 'em do this one things! You'll still have all these other things you can do! Then a little "compromise" gets though, and the grabbers want more.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am on a 5 year plan. By this time in 2023 I should be far gone from this state and enjoying retirement in a conservative, gun-friendly location.

I should be taking delivery of my I-1639 “gift” in the next day or two, Springfield Armory M1A.

I promise with each and every new “infringement” there will be at least one more “gun on the street” as I will buy something to “commemorate” every such fucked up piece of legislation they pass as this state slips farther down the drain.

I really don’t need any more standard capacity mags, but may as well pick up another 20 or so just on principle. Maybe even a drum or two...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Bad- meet worse...

http://mynorthwest.com/1227723...jhy80Lc0u8c#comments

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Since when does the AG’s job include proposing legislation?

Given the support for 1639, I am pretty concerned. Seems “making life better” is code for ”creating criminals instead of reducing crime”.

Convenient that after classifying EVERY semi-auto rifle an “assault rifle”, now they want to ban assault rifles.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Convenient that after classifying EVERY semi-auto rifle an “assault rifle”, now they want to ban assault rifles.

There's nothing coincidental about it...the extremist are methodically working towards completely banning private firearm ownership for the lowly masses. Period.

Sad thing is up until just a couple years ago, WA used to be a very gun-friendly state. Now it's going down the toilet at record speed. The groundwork is being laid out right in plain sight. And yet people, especially the Fudds, believe them when they say things like 'No one wants to take your guns...'

Get involved...spread the word.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

posted Hide Post
what a mess the BG system in WA has turned into.

https://www.seattletimes.com/s...e-background-checks/

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is nothing about safety! It is about knowing who all the firearm owners are and what weapons they have so it will be easier to confiscate. I cringe when I hear these gun grabbers on TV or the radio when they proudly proclaim "I want Universal Background Checks for all firearms". The American public is becoming more and more gullible, stupid and feel good foolish with these BS laws. Ultimately, they will suffer in the end game consciences of all these laws and registrations, but they "feel good today" because they did something; no matter how stupid or destructive it is to society.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
From the Article OregonXD posted:

One county in Central Washington has estimated it will need to hire a new full-time staffer to handle the workload, Strachan said.

They'd be much better served to hire another sworn deputy. Well, as long as they don't recruit someone from South Florida. I'm talking about a real deputy.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
As a reminder, if you want to email you legislator and/or the media, the NRA has some tools. Keep it professional/fact-based:

Enter your info, and your email will be directed to the proper legislator(s):

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=30

Media/newspaper contact tool:

https://www.nraila.org/grassroots/write-the-media/

This site still has good info/stats:

https://www.i1639.org/

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.