SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Is CC Legal at Penn State???

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is CC Legal at Penn State??? Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
Looking for info on whether conceal carry with permit is legal at Penn State.

Thanks,
Fenris

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 15200 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
It is not prohibited by PA-STATE LAW! Wink

As far as PennState "POLICY" Wink is concerned:

http://guru.psu.edu/policies/sy12.html

POLICY: Wink

The possession, carrying, or use of any weapon, ammunition, or explosive by any person is prohibited on all University property except by authorized law enforcement officers and other persons specifically authorized by the University. No person shall possess, carry, or use any fireworks on University property, except for those persons authorized by University and local governments to discharge such fireworks as part of a public display. Paintball guns and paintball markers may only be used on the property of the University in connection with authorized University activities and only at approved locations. Any University student or employee who violates these prohibitions shall be subject to discipline in accordance with regular University procedures, which may include suspension or dismissal from the University. Visitors to the University will be subject to appropriate trespass actions for failure to comply with these regulations. Further, if possession or use of a weapon, fireworks or paintball device is in violation of the law, it will be referred to University Police or other proper law enforcement authorities.

REGULATIONS:

A. All use and possession of weapons must conform with all applicable state, federal and local laws.

So, while STUDENTS and EMPLOYEES are bound by "POLICY"........is is not LAW Wink

So....concealed means concealed...........have a nice day!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 3035 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
So, while STUDENTS and EMPLOYEES are bound by "POLICY"........is is not LAW Wink

So a visitor would be ok?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 15200 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
So a visitor would be ok?
quote:
Visitors to the University will be subject to appropriate trespass actions for failure to comply with these regulations. Further, if possession or use of a weapon, fireworks or paintball device is in violation of the law, it will be referred to University Police or other proper law enforcement authorities.

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 16037 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have said, I worked at PSU for the better part of a decade. It's not a violation of law, but it violates their policy. 10 year ago, I never went through a magnetometer anywhere on the university (even going into Rec Hall, the BJC, or the Stadium.) Whether that still holds is another question entirely. If I went back, I'd certainly carry.

Posts: 238 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Not law. I'd carry.

Fuck their policy.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 13927 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Not law. I'd carry.

Fuck their policy.

+1

It was different when I was an employee who still had a lease in town.

Posts: 238 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My son is thinking of applying. I decided to be a good boy, and not risk queering his chances.

Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
As stated, it's against PSU policy to carry, but it's not against the law.

Both my kids went to PSU and I carried every time I went there to move them in, out or to see a PSU game. This was before they started wanding or searching people at the gate.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3109 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Report This Post