SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Nevada universal background check initiative

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nevada universal background check initiative Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
Bloomberg is funding question 1 on the Nevada ballot this November. His "Everytown for Gun Safety" has donated nearly $4 million and is inundating Nevada with tv ads. Polls show over 60% approval for this universal background check initiative. The NRA is funding the meager (by comparison) opposition. I fear that Nevada may be lost.
Ballotpedia

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cne32507,

Posts: 1093 | Location: The other Florida | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well, let's hope not (because I live here).

The bill is terrible..written very poorly. There certainly are a lot of anti-rights tv ads being run due to the Bloomberg money machine.

The one bright spot is that of 17 sheriffs, 16 are opposing the bill (including the Governor and State AG)..and the one holdout sheriff is trying to stay on the balance beam.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really sorry to hear this -- Nevada is my "other" home state (my retirement home is Florida but I spent over 30 years in Nevada).

I would have thought Nevadans would have more common sense, but then I remember Las Vegas...

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 366 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post